Friday, January 13, 2012

Coming up National Soup Swap Day!



January 21, 2012 is the 6th Annual Soup Swap Day, a tradition started by Knox Gardener. Soup Chick's blog gives a great description of the day’s events. Hold one in your community!

Its pipe freezing cold here in northern California and it’s a good time to have some soup at the ready. My ready favorite this season has been a curried squash variation with carrots, leeks, onions and cauliflower i.e. winter veggies. I bulk it out with homemade chicken broth and coconut milk. It’s a filling and satisfying soup and also accepts leftover proteins as available. I usually make up a big batch and freeze several quarts. Soup swap day had me looking for new recipes and I’m looking forward to trying ParsnipSoup with Leeks and Parsley from Simply Recipes.  Thanks Soup Chick for the recommendation!